Sunday, March 05, 2006

Goodnight Moon

Took a nap this evening so that I could get the voice over DVD done in time. I am glad most of the actors are easy to lip read. But Leroy, *sigh* I have to guesstimate and hope he remebers what he said on jan 28th shoot. I have everyone except my 2 "laywers," typical isnt it.

There are some shots that well are not visibly close enough for me to read the person's lip. Like when the judge is rendering her verdict. I hope she can wing it tmw? I must say this has force me to face an issue in film making, I've neglected way too long. Sound quality. I've read in some articles that sound quality can make or break the film's success. Then again someone brought it to my attention, I believe Ronnie, who suggested if for some reason the sounds in some areas don't come out right or not synced well enough (voice to mouth movement) that I could twist it so that we as the audience hears the trial as Miss Stone does. I doubt I would do that all the way thru the middle segment but thats the beauty of film. You learn the best ways to conceal your mistakes and then move on.

As for the workshops I took today, here's how I rate em.

This am took "grant writing" workshop where I paid $60 for. And during the 3 hour rambling of some big shot grant writer speaker woman, I nearly nodded off several times. There wasn't any refreshments. Now I believe as I paid $60 that they could shell out for a nice little spread of orange juice, bagels, muffin ya know the routine, some fresh fruits. Get us fired up and ready for a "hands on" wrokshop. But NO, it was this stuffy lecture. I didn't learn anything new or useful. I was dissapointed because I've really struggled making any serious headways in obtaining "finishing" funds.

Then I hung around campus for 2 hrs waiting for the afternoon workshop on dreamweaver (basic) to begin today at 2pm. But no, about 10 of us including 2 terps and I, ended up standing outside a lock door where our workshop was suppose to be. Finally around 2 40 pm we were informed that there had been an email sent to ALL of us last wednesday postponing the class to the following saturday. But NONE of us recieved this email! Gee thanks for wasting my time, the terps time, and 7 or so other student's time on a saturday afternoon. Anyhoo the afternoon workshop gets 2 BIG thumbs down from me.

I have to run to circuit city around 11am to grab more mini DVs. I am really trying to hold on to my reciepts for taxs purposes in 2007. Gonna hit the sack soon. There's a line playing in my head "goodnight moon", what child hood character or lterary works is this from?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweetheart, Goodnight Moon is the title of a children's book. In it, the child says goodnight to everything everywhere and finally, says, "Goodnight Moon." I believe it's a way to let very young children let go of the day and settle down to sleep. Maria has a number of copies, one of which I bought, and I'll borrow it back from her if you'd like to see it. Love you, Baba

deafeningchameleon said...

Aww
Thank you Baba, I knew you would know where that line came from
love you!
j