Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Bringing some NYC love to DC Gally!

First thing first

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KNOB!!

I'm currently riding the Chinatown bus from NYC to DC. Traffic is all backed up but I don't mind, ill be there soon enough.
I got several posters made and copied today as well as handouts, all created by Joe Joy. My big poster that I will use says
"Deaf New Yorkers for a Corrupt Free Gallaudet" on the side of the poster is the statue of Liberty, her book has JKF crossed out as a "no no". I put a picture of me and Knob on the right top corner. Since Knob can't make it due to work, I wanted her there in spirit. After all we started our protest on JKF 10 years ago! I borrowed a digital camera from work, so ill be able to post photos from Gally tmw!

Had a rough start today, ended up having some communication break downs with Baba and I hate hurting Baba's feelings that sucks as I love her to the moon and back. We got everything straightened out so all is right. But I cried, the dam gates flooded wide open. I think it was the combination of the following;
-My friend can't move out when I do making getting an apt even harder
-Asswipes harrassment on saturday nite
-People hanging up on me when I called to inquire about apts cuz of Relay
-Finals just ended and it was stressful getting them done
-being frusturated with what's happening at Gally
And then this morning, having that stupid fight with Baba that I couldn't take it anymore, I had my crying spell and now I'm ok.

But there is some good news;
Last night while out to dinner at this terrific Italian Restuarant for a small private farewell to my friend Joanne moving from NYC to Oregon(e) :[ anyways Eddie tells me one of my co workers husband is a broker and will offer me his services for free. The only problem I found out today is her husband doesn't do Brooklyn, only Manhattan, but she's confident they can find a friend who's a broker as well to help me out and not charge me an arm and a leg!

I'm excited to see Karen. And some other folks like Commerson tmw, we hafta meet outside of Gally cuz of the damn Persona Non Gratis banned on him. Dumbass Gally adminstration are violating his rights to free speech. In no way did he threaten, or harm anyone except JKF pride, and big whoops for JKF!

I hope it doesn't rain, but brought an umbrella in case, but am sooo jazzed to finally go to Tent City and give Ridor a BIG hug! Tent City here I come!

No comments: