Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The "Dollar Man"

Some of you may or may not remember a show back in the 70s that starred Lee Majors called "The 6 million dollar man" But because I was DEAF *gasps* I couldn't hear or understand the "6 million" part of the title so everytime the show came on, I would run around the house telling my family members, "The dollar man is on, the dollar man is ON!" and my mother would reply "Yeah, thats right, thats all he's worth!" ha ha. I also loved "Bionic Woman" which starred Lindsay Wagner as Jamie Sommers. She had this incredible hearing due to her bionic parts and I would go around the house, turning up my hearing aid and imitate her as if I could HEAR anything!
there a good link that tests your knowledge on "Classic TV" check it out Classic Televion Quiz, good luck!

I didn't go to ASD today, my plans got messed up last night when Norton told me at the last minute he would rather come wednesday night instead of last night. I knew I wouldnt be able to handle getting up at 6am, going sight seeing all day and then come back here and move things tonight, go to two appts tmw morning, work all day tmw and then visit Eddie tmw nite, nope I am not the Bionic woman! Its a disappoinment yes, but I am sure Blondie and Carvey will fill me in when they return from ASD.

Amazingly AssWipe is being somewhat nice to me, he's allowing me to leave my futon in my old room along with the TV, because and I quote "you were so helpful with finding homes for the kittens." Hey man, perfect! Besides I gave him my vaccuumm cleaner, as he has so many cats and a dog he needs it more than I do (besides he pretty much destroyed it using it for dog hair, that it hardly has any suction!) And now I am letting him borrow my fan. I guess its better to keep your friends close and your enemies closer?!

Friday I will go and see a stuido for $1000 (yikes) but its my co workers' husband who is the broker who is showing it to me. Get this, he only does Rego Park and Forrest Hills (the more expensive part of Queens) he doesnt do Astoria! I have another apt to look at on friday as well, its a 2 bedroom apt which would be shared with another girl. So far her emails seem promising and for $660 a month plus ult I think thats pretty reasonable, I like the location too. Been emailing people for various rooms or apts in both Queens and Brooklyn. Have 4 more weeks to go and hopefully I will find something decent, so the hunt resumes.

Been watching a lot of the discovery channel (science) on space and astronomy. Check this out, it seems cosmic rays (rays from the explosions of stars) fill the universe and imagine bits and pieces of radio active, radiation and other materials hurling in space in all directions. Now here's the neat part, I used to think lighting during thunderstorms was caused by our clouds and temperature climate. But newer theories point to the idea that cosmic rays which bombard our atmosphere everyday, all the time, eventually come thru and mixs that with the weather and Viola, lighting! Plus this helps regulate our "safe zone" region in space where we have numerous satellites and stations above the earth, without thunderstorms and lighting, we would not have this safe zone, thereby cells, digital television etc etc would all come to a screeching halt. So lighting, even tho deadly is crucial to our everyday life. Cool huh?

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Jen, you're so smart! *hugs*

deafeningchameleon said...

coming from the queen of smarts, I'll take it as a compliment
mwah

j