Monday, May 01, 2006

Ay yi yi- Credit Report

Slighly shell shocked!

The first bomb;
Well I finally went online and faced the UGLY truth about my credit report. It seems there is a LOT of old and outdated negative history from as far back as when I was 19! Some my faults, some are from when I was with my ex and he didn't work and I had to pay for everything so ofc some bills were late. I also learned that credit reporting agency cannot keep negative reports in my files if they are older than 7 years. So I spent 2 hours filling out online forms for 2 of the credit agencies and wrote a letter to the 3rd agency to be mailed certified mail today or tmw. It will take up to 30 days to clear the info or change etc etc. Overall the last 7 years of my credit history is excellent except for one bill that I wasn't aware of for my hearing aid which I disputed and the balance was paid for. There's also a small history fraud due to someone accessing my SSN that I have to correct as well!

The other bomb dropped on me is my friend who was gonna roommate with me cannot move at the end of May, due to other conflicts and attending a wedding at the end of the month. But she can definitely move in an apt with me at the end of June when the dust has settled. So I have a choice of either bumming off of my friends for a month to crash at their apts and save another months rent or I cave in and get a 1 bedroom by myself. My concern is with the outdated information on my credit history it really lowers my score from Good to Fair. It takes 30 days for the credit reporting agency to investigate my disputes and make the corrections. Any apt I apply for this month, the landlord would get the original credit report not the corrected credit report during the month of May.

I am leaning towards bumming off of friends for 1 month (June), then my friend and I get a place for July 1st. It would allow me time to clear up any bad history on my credit report and I am sure a lot of people don't move in July so thats means more apt options and landlords are desperate to rent out. I would save money by having a roommate and frankly I like having a roommate. I am gonna meet with a different friend and see what she thinks? And speak to Baba too. If I can crash mainly at one friend's apt and bring my computer for editing purposes then I can leave my crap in my roommate Erfo's room instead of renting storage for 1 month. Besides I am still seriously sore from the surgery so more time to recover is not a bad thing. Decisions, decisions...

Been working on my application forms for one of the schools that expressed interest in hiring me. I am modifying a lesson plan I created last summer for them to review as well. Plus I have to request copies of my LAST exam and ATS-W exam grades to show I am certified. I will be taking the content test again on June 10th.

I switch work schedule from today to tomorrow. I over did a little yesterday during the shoot and aggravated my bruises from the surgery so am staying home and working on my finals here. I am so thrilled to be done with the shoot. I love the ending and Erfo is a pro to work with. She and I just mesh well and work together on the lines. I am sooo lucky she did this for me. Erfo THANK YOU! This film wouldn't be half as good if you weren't in it! Last night Erfo did her voice overs for the trailer I am working on and want to finish that tonight. I wish I could post it on here, maybe Ridor will teach me how? Btw Ridor, are you coming back to NYC anytime soon, MISS YOU!

I had a strange dream last night with Ronnie in it (preggars and all) and we lived in some kind of dormitory. The room had 6 beds, 3 beds on either side. I vaguely remember Ronnie wishing me a good night as she was going to bed. I was surprised because in my dream, I thought, "she's going to bed and its only 9pm! Oh well that happens when your pregnant." and I remember going into the dorm room where she was sleeping to get something but being afraid of waking her. One of the other roommates, a small either Indian or Latino girl (I can't recall exactly, except she was darker then me and I felt so pale in comparison) anyway this girl was scolding me, I don't know why and then I awoke. There's a feeling of me not remembering something or pieces missing. From what I can remember I think the dream means I miss Ronnie and because she's pregnant and went back to her home up North, that she's doing the right thing (ie going to bed early for herself and the baby). I think I miss her a lot but don't want to bother her now that she's busy getting ready for Peanut to be born and on all accounts from her blog and emails she is happy (ie thats why I am afraid to disturb her as she sleeping peacefully). But the girl who was scolding me, I am not sure why or what it means? Anyways Ronnie, you are missed in NYC and I can't wait to find out what sex the baby is!!! One more request, more pixs of you being preggars on your blog :) xo

1 comment:

Keri said...

Funny you had a dream about Ronnie. I had one a couple weeks ago too. Too weird to put into words here. Anyway, I'm sure she will have time to post a pic after May 8th, when all is typed up and done. ;)