Friday, May 19, 2006

Today Marked 6 Weeks...

Since I had the surgery. Weird how the weeks flew by in a sense.

I spent most of the day roaming the 2/3, F, A train in Brooklyn, looking at apts, and met one possible roommate. Nothing promising. Feeling a little discourage but I got to hold out and really explore my living options. I made the mistake of making rushed decisions on where I live the last 2xs. I don't want to do that this time.

I realize I CRaVe a more urban setting. A lot of what I visited today was suburban, row of houses, line of parked cars, Yuck! I lived in developments for so long snd now I want the CITY! So do do? I will keep my eyes open for Brooklyn Heights, otherwise known as the "The Artist District." and ofc DUMBO too.

The one woman I met today, herself from Italy. Nice woman. She is a professional painter. Yesterday, when I read this in her email, it wasn't clear if she meant artistically or in the sense of painting houses or rooms? Cuz I've done both. Turns out as an artist, a studio, the works. I love to have a spare room for movie editing purposes and to use as a studio. Nyhoo, she has a pretty heavy Italian accent. It never came up that I'm a Jew. Now after checking online her website (she gave me her business card), I see a lot of her work revolves around the Reinassance, Medievel and a LOT of Crosses. I'm not sure if its Catholism or ??? Being a Jew, I am not able to distinguish among the Gentiles Puritan Religions if you will *rim shot*....*groans*. Anyways that doesn't bother me, I have many hardcore Christian and Catholic friends so I only poke fun.

Good news, Ridor along with a few "Big Time" bloggers got interviewed by the Washington Post (See Ridor's website for details). But this was something I sorta raised my eyebrows at. "The 12 Days in May tees." Funny tho I did mention them before on my blog but I assumed there would be some collaboration between this guy and FSSA. If not, I encourage him to do so.

Excerpts from Ridor's blog;

DeafWeekly Editor Trying To Make $$: Tom Willard made it clear that due to the loss of revenues from two companies, he intends to make profit off from the Gallaudet Protest by selling “12 DAYS IN MAY: The World Hears Gallaudet University.” merchandises.

I personally think less of people who remain silent or did not endorse during two weeks of protests, then decided to make profits off from it without any kind of donations to the FSSA, is despicable. I think it is a slap to the FSSA and the protesters who invested their time and energies in trying to get the University to listen to the wishes of students, faculty members, staff and alumni.

But like it or not, Tom Willard is correct that it is his right to exercise his rights to make money out of this.

...

um, yeah he has the right but still, cold hard cash over principles...ay yi yi...


I wonder how the students at MSSD feel about JKF and the situation. It doesn't surprise me that MSD kids have a blog up. And what happened to the CSD video in Joey Baer site? It was well done. I hope they didn't get in trouble. I thought what they did took some guts. To say it as it is, and they did. I also wonder about other deaf schools in other states how they view whats happening. I can see a BIG difference between the attitudes of NYers here, and the Gally FSSA in DC. See here we are a blend of Former NTID/RITers, and Gallaudetains. Overall I don't sense any real competition based on that. The only major differences is when we reflect on how long we've knowns someone. For example I knew Knob from Gally, King knows Didi from RIT. Thats about as dramatic as it gets. The familarity of knowing someone from a school experience, etc., etc. Especially when its in a residential setting. (Dormitory, it makes the experience different.)

Tmw will be a better day, gonna do some packing and editing. I need to free up more space in my hard drive and memory so I can start editing this small mini project. I need to get my mind off of Maps, subway location, street names, rent $$, ya catch me drift (:-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

6 weeks since the surgery.... may I asked why did you have it reduced? Too bouncy and cause bruise eyes? just kidding. lol

How do you feel now that it's smaller? Easier to fit clothes you wanted to wear now? I know these questions sound stupid but never met a girl who had her breasts reduced. So the curiousity go the best of me. :)

By the way I wrote down a comment on your previous column if you want to check it out.

Later
Sharpe

deafeningchameleon said...

Its weird Shapre
I am still not used to it, I sae a pic from NYC DPHH where I am in the background and my boobies were small! Some of my clothes are too big now but overall my back feels better and so does my neck. It was a strain on my body because the weight wasnt evenly distributed and now it is.
I didn't lose any feelings, some people (about 15%) lose feelings in my nipples and that was my biggest concern. I dont mind the scars because it is not thick nor deeply pink. Going from a DD to a C was a good thing.
You can ask me anything and I don't want to answer, I wont
:)
j