Thursday, May 11, 2006

Tent City rulz! JKF suxs!

Just finished a big lunch with Karen at IHOP. I miss the IHOPs here in MD, excellent breakfast grub all year long!

Anyhoo I'm on my way back to Tent City, Gally. Last night when Karen picked me up we went directly to Tent City. It was great! They have a good thing set up, an area for food and drinks, a little press room where they correspond with the media and do blogs, I got to meet the "Mayor" of Tent City, who's name escapes me :[ got a lot of compliments on my sign with the statue of Liberty and gave the additional flyers to the Protestors coordinator for them to approve and hand out accordingly. Saw Ridor, Thomas, Leon, Long, Moore etc etc. The spirit is alive and well and still a lot of debates happening. My understanding is the BOT meet this morning at 8am, the protestors were gonna be there by 7am in nice professional attire to show their unity and presence to the BOT, basically we're here and LISTEN to US!

Then after Tent City, Karen and I went over to a bar, called Aroguant (sp?) where we drank with other deafies and had a blast! Talked at length with Thomas about what's happening and how things have been going. I'm very very impressed by the teamwork of everyone I met. I wish I could stay for as long as the protest is happening but life in NYC doesn't stop and I have commitments back there.

I'm now on the subway, heading to Gally. I forgot how nice the seats are on the trains here, they are cushioned! And relatively clean. What I didn't like was the subway metro card machine, I only had a $20 so I had to go to McDonalds to get change because the card machine only accepts cash, not credit card, so NYC has one up on DC subway. Also NYC is one flat rate no matter where you go, it doesn't vary depending on distance like they do here in DC. So NYC subway wins ;]

I will see Casler and Commerson sometime today, hope to see Cole as well? Will take pictures and post em when I return.

No comments: