Monday, May 15, 2006

Last of Tent City Photos-Pah!

I hafta start off with this pix of Ricky Taylor aka Ridor veeing the events at the Friday evening FSSA Rally;



Ok here are the photos of when we recieved the news about JKF resignation from Friday the 12th around 7pm. You see I was walking with my former principal Cindy Bailes who now works at Gally when we see a group of people rush over to the area where DOSS hut is. There were supporters and onlookers surrounding a car is parked in the street. We knew something major was up!

I have no idea who this guy is by the car...



Here's Carol Etring who because we couldn't see her moved to the steps;



Matt Lockhart wearing an "Unity For Gallauet" Tee;



Jonathan Lamberton who looks deeply concerned and sleep deprieved, stood patiently as we watch Carol Etring make her annoucement;



Here's Cindy Bailes waiting patiently for the annoucnement to begin;



Here's Carol E talking about the BOT's decision in regards to JKF;



Bob Arnold watches the news unfold;



Carol E continues with the news of JKF's resignation as Provost;



You can see how worried BOT is now that Ryan Commerson is back on campus, they had a total of one (somewhat curious) onlooker DOSS dude who reminds me of the actor from Oz and Law & Order TV shows...



Here's a real reaction to the BOT annoucnement, Erin Whitney;



These photos were taken at the end of the BOT announcement; where people quickly began discussing among themselves what just happened...









Here I started to walk around, snapping pictures;






Here's Erin Moran, who keeps cool and upbeat only moments after the announcememt;








Yep thats the famous orange electrical cord that kept Tent City alit;



Here we see LaToya talking with someone (he could be a BOT member or under IKJ adminstration, he seemed very indifferent to her concerns) and what were her concerns might I add? IKJ announcing lockdown for all buildings on Gally campus. Here LaToya negiotated for Fowler Hall to remain open for Tent City residents to use the bathroom and remove their belongings. Even in the midst of tension, Plummer graciously thanks the man for giving us the "ok" to keep Fowler Hall unlocked;





Here I ran into two former classmates from my MSSD class of '93
It's Franklin Torres, me and Aparna Lele. Poor Torres he was sooo tired from working from the git go of the FSSA movement, he nodded off as we took his pix;



The sun has gone down, most of us have finished eating hot dogs and hamburgers and griping about the BOT annoucement; (Except Moore in the blue, who missed all of the hoopla and hadn't eatened dinner)





Here's a bunch of deafies arriving to the Poor House off of PA ave, most were celebrating their graduation. But me, I wasn't in the mood for celebration, thats why I headed back to NYC on the 11 45pm bus;



Here's me 4 30am on the subway headed home after a LONG 3 days visiting Tent City. But as you can see, it was worth it to me!





And that my friends wraps up my 3 days of Tent City/FSSA visit. Now I must do what the rest of you do, check FSSA.org periodically for updates and news but if I find any additional info ofc I will blog it, take an easy Tent City, it was nice seeing you!

No comments: