Saturday, May 06, 2006

The grind...

Here's a great cartoon by Maureen Klusaz moeart that I saw off of Ridor's blog poking fun at JKF. Also
Joe Joy wrote an excellent blog entry about the travesty of the whole JKF fiasco.

Last night dinner was very nice, the Mexican food was a little pricey but delicious. Then a bunch of us hit DPHH where I was happy to see several of my DB friends there, one visiting from Boston. It was good to see them all and catch up. I will see them again for the AADB camp in June. I stayed till about 11ish hoping to see Ty and Dar but no luck. I knew I had to get home because I am working on my SLA paper today (so far 8 pages out of 15, yay!). Ty sent me an email making sure I would come tomorrow for Garrett's reading of the play "Quid Pro Quo" and I reassured him I'd be there :)

I also met another deaf filmmaker name Damjan who was visiting from Slovenia, you can check out more at international deaf documentary. He is on his way to the Toronoto International Deaf Film and Arts Festival. I didn't even know about this! Damn, I wish I knew, maybe couldve submitted my 2nd movie, a short 3 minute piece with no ASL used, only body language. You can read more about TIDFAF here. I was told this is the first year so hope its a big sucess! Thank you Damjan!

Am currently trying to burn CDs with a quicktime files of the video several of us made for Adamo's class project. Its pretty good. If I can get it to work, maybe I'll post it on here later? see, see?

Only 2 more days to go, then I am free! Baba emailed me and suggested I hold off visiting the folks back home for june or july. That way it gives me more time to apartment hunt.

Alrighty back to the grind!

No comments: