Friday, May 12, 2006

UPDATE from Tent City

My fellow deafies, soon after the rally ended, Carol Erting annouced a msg from the BOT;
-JKF stepped down as PROVOST
-JKF will help lead the national search for a new Provost.
-JKF will spend the next 7 months focusing on the "Issues" from the FSSA rally from the past 2 weeks.
Big whoops *blows raspberry!*
Everyone is in a dejected mood and to add insult, IKJ and his posse have locked down all the buildings on campus. Recently an undergrad and spokes person LaToya Plummer negiotated with DOSS/DPS to keep Fowler Hall open for Tent City residents to go to the bathroom!

Everyone has a despondent vibe and people are muttering about drinking their sorrows away!

But "Its NOT OVER!" as I've been reassured by several protestor.

Is this the end of Tent City
Stay tuned to find out....

3 comments:

Julie Hochgesang said...

Hello, did you stay at Tent City? If so, I'd like to include you on the website documenting all people who stayed there. Check out the link at web.mac.com/julieguberman, and see the email link on there. I'm trying to get everyone's name so I can be as true as possible to the history of Tent City. Cheers!

deafeningchameleon said...

Hi Julie
No I crashed at my friends' apt in Takoma Park. I was there Wed nite, thurs all day and Friday half of the day (5pm till I left for NYC at 11 45pm)...
I wish I had stayed there but I wanted a bed to sleep on, *grins*
-J

Julie Hochgesang said...

Understandable! :)