Friday, May 12, 2006

Trinity 4 Unity @ Gallaudet

Whew... Where to start?
Well, I was surprised and very disappointed to find out about the bomb threat today at Gally! I can say without a doubt this was NOT FSSA doing but 1 or 2 very distraught individuals who obviously instead of working with FSSA took matters into their own hands! Or worse, if it was a set up by the JKF camp to make us FSSA supporters look bad?!

Yesterday was great, the spirit of FSSA was alive and well despite the rain and "tornado" warnings.

I got to see Cole, Casler and Commerson at various times of the day. Cole and Moore both gave me thumbs up, Ridor loved it, will post a pix of him watching the movie when I upload the photos onto my Imac.

I learned from one of the FSSA reps that the big problem BOT has is "social justice" that by removing JKF it would be social injustice. Hello their selection of JKF was a blanant case of social injustice! I also learn that BOT doesnt want to give in and feel that the Deaf community controls them. The 3rd part is the fact FSSA and supporters say "No" to JKF while the BOT turns around and says "No" to us, very mature I know!

There was an excellent press release from NAD yesterday critiquing the media for sending the wrong message and to stop playing the "Deaf" card, the same goes for IKJ and JKF camp!

The rally was excellent. They had the SBG president speak, reps from BDA (Black Association for/of the Deaf), a rep from California and many others. Also the mayor Chris Carrington is a hoot, he kept the morale up and just a lot of fun.

I want to thank these key players for their participation in FSSA efforts!;
Erin Moran, Chris Carrington, Jesse Thomas, Ricky Taylor, Elisa A.. And many others!

Anyways Karen and I ended up getting home very late last night that I cancelled my plans tonight in NYC and am taking the bus back at 11 45pm. I just gotta spend 1 more day supporting FSSA!

The last words I got about the events from earlier today is,
The graduation went as planned and BOT will not announce anything till Monday. Means Tent City will continue! Yay!

On my end, I've been working thru my pager to friends back in NYC about getting together and writing a letter to BOT to please listen to FSSA etc etc, I will meet Lewis tmw nite for dinner and go over the letter before we faxs it on monday. I will ofc post a copy of the letter when its completed :]

Will write more later, right now Karen and I are going to her apt to get her dog, Trinity and put on the dog a tee that says
"Trinity for Unity at Gally!"

No comments: